Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Roberta Blouse & Random Facts

Oh, gee – we’ve been “tagged” by the Vintage Baroness! Thank you! It's an honor. For her kindness in thinking of us, we have this ad for the “Roberta Blouse” from the T. Eaton & Co. Ltd. department store, which appeared in the Winnipeg Free Press in April, 1935.

Here are the 5 (boring!) random facts:

1) I tapped danced at Fred Astaire’s house (not realizing until later that I, in fact, don’t know how to tap dance).

2) My favorite singer, living, is Max Raabe; not living: Al Bowlley
3) I’m French and Scottish – so I am at once both frivolous and thrifty.

4) The name Girls About Town name comes from the 1931 Kay Francis-Lily Tashman movie. The blog is mostly maintained by me, Astairette, but I still consider it a group effort as the moral support of my vintage-admiring relatives is critical.
5) I am 5'10'

No comments:

Post a Comment